Tuesday, August 24, 2010

On Being a Flexitarian

Hey Now, I thought I'd stop by and lay some of this stuff on you right now. What am I going through? Just living the life.

When I started on the Raw Food Detox Diet, I was just trying something out; enjoying a good book; and following some recipes. Wow! It's become so much more than that. Though I no longer consider myself being on the "diet"; I do consider my diet and habits to have been so much improved after trying it out for over 5 months. Yes, over 5 months.

I never went fully raw, but I did make it about 70-80% of the time and that was my goal. Now I am making better choices every day. Take today for instance: I juiced some oranges for breakfast, had a raw salad for lunch, munched a little in the middle of the evening, and had veggies for dinner. I feel great, my skin is looking tight, I've lost about 10 lbs (and have started working out a little to put on some muscle), and feel as good if not better than I've felt in my life.

Call is Flexitarianism: eating better for your body and your health, making better choices day in/day out, and not skimping on the desserts when you really want them.

Have you made any improvements in your diet and exercise pattern over the last 8 months?

No comments:

Post a Comment