Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Delicious Salad ingredients

Hey now, A good friend asked me to post the ingredients of some of the salads I have pictured in my previous post (Add A Salad). But for the life of me I just don't know what all of them hold.

Well, here's how it happens: I generally shop the grocer and the farmer's market for interesting things and they sit here in the fridge till I add them to some dish. I make a big salad about 5 times a week and eat on it all day or until it's finished. I simply don't have a set recipe. A salad, a soup, a stew is kinda like a smorgasbord; you should be able to add whatever is handy and fresh.

What I can do is list some of my favorite salad ingredients and that is what I'll do.

First off, I mostly make Spinach Salads, Green Salads (with a light and dark green mix), and Sauerkraut Salads - so far.

Some of my favorites things to add:

Capers
Artichoke Hearts
Mushrooms
Carrots
Beets
Tomato
Celery
Olives
Broccoli
sometimes Onion but not so much

Shop your fresh produce aisle and find your own favorites.

Oh! I also tend to use just some stone-pressed Olive Oil and maybe a little Apple Cider Vinegar or Red Wine Vinegar, so far. I've only been at it about 4 months, so I'm saving making all the special dressings until I'm kinda tired of these combos.

Good Luck and let me know when you make a great salad and what you used.

Many Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment